Ever wondered why you respond the way you do in certain situations?
You wish you were more like someone else and question God about why He made you this way.
There is a way to find the answers to your questions.
Your answers are most likely found in your temperament profile.
Learning your temperament profile can help you immensely in many areas of your life:
- Learn the strengths and weaknesses that you were born with
- Understand how you respond to other people with different temperaments
- Learn what career is best suited for you
- Discover how to communicate with your deep relationships
- Improve your decision making
- Learn how to better manage with your anger and rage
A Blueprint of Yourself
Temperament is like our emotional DNA in that it represents the traits that we are born with that dictate how we respond to the world around us.
We cannot choose our temperament.
Temperament is the foundation to your individual personality.
There are no “good” or “bad” temperaments.
There are only different temperaments. Each temperament has its strengths and weaknesses, and each has its unique needs.
Discovering your temperament and its needs will enable you to use your strengths to bless others and cooperate with God to transform your weaknesses.
A Foundation for Your Relationship
It is particularly helpful in marriage and premarital counseling because when we better understand each other’s needs we are in a better place to meet them.
We must meet our temperament needs and satisfy our spouse’s needs in godly ways or we will meet them in ungodly ways.
How can you meet someone’s needs (or your own) unless you know what they are?
There are five different temperament types measured in three different areas of interaction:
1) Inclusion (Social interactions), 2) Control (your willingness to be controlled and to control others) and 3) Affection (your desire to give and receive affection).
The five temperament types are:
It’s time to stop guessing why you do things the way you do them.
Know why you respond to people the way you do.
It is time to understand and resolve the temperament conflicts that you never knew were hindering you.
Contact us today at (434) 338-9597 and get started on the road to understanding yourself better!